Watch: Audi driver fails to ford a river and destroys a pedestrian bridge in the process

Originally published at: Watch: Audi driver fails to ford a river and destroys a pedestrian bridge in the process | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Good thing he raised the window before proceeding to fill the car with water

15 Likes

Why do people always stop filming when it gets interesting? How did he get out? What happened after? We demand to know!

22 Likes

They need to call emergency services?

Even a few inches of water can take a car down a river. Idiotic choice to try. I hope he got out and back on solid ground.

9 Likes

Sometimes, it’s deceiving how deep a river is, and it’s easy to underestimate how strong a current might be.

Neither applies in this situation - complete idiocy from the get-go. He never stood a prayer. It wasn’t even like he was in a lifted pickup; what the hell did he think was going to happen?

27 Likes

Can anyone translate what he said? I can’t imagine what was going through his head. He literally drove a car into a river.

7 Likes

Even when it’s not flowing water, there’s always the temptation to chance it as the water gets deeper and deeper.

4 Likes

"They found the corpse, detective, still in the car. The lady here was recording the whole thing."

"Looks like someone's livestream... has turned up dead.   See, it all happened in a stream. She was taping it live. He was in the car. The car was in the stream. She was taping. Now he's dead."

"Yeah, I understood what you were going for there, detective."

tenor

8 Likes

This is the translation in my head.
Manly Man: I could do that in my car.
Lady Filming: No way, but I would totally bed any man that could for he would be the bravest of the brave.
MM: Hold my beer.
LF: eye roll while muttering Idiot

9 Likes

A modern siren, guiding fools who aren’t sailors to the rocks…

14 Likes

Except for the very last line, I’m reasonably certain that’s the translation that was in his mind as well.

6 Likes

Audiot.

7 Likes

I thought her friend went across and she was “like fuck no. I’ll eat snacks watching fools cross that dainty footbridge in the storm though”.

Man “I give you lift in car”

“Hahaha. Fuck no”
man “I’m doing it”

6 Likes

I’m thinking it’s because the situation went from “I’m going to video my friend getting his car wet” to “my friend is about to die in a flooded river I better put my phone down get help” - something which doesn’t happen nearly enough given all the videos on line.

7 Likes

He saw a flash flood before his eyes.

7 Likes

There was a strange understated beauty to the whole thing.

5 Likes

and wrecked a pedestrian bridge

As a pedestrian, this part pisses me off the most.

Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

11 Likes

Did he think it was a Ford?

18 Likes

Fucking… landscape mode, lady. Portrait video is for faces.

4 Likes

Audi drivers are the new BMW drivers.

4 Likes