Watch baby and dog at same time with this one weird clothesline trick

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/09/watch-baby-and-dog-at-same-time-with-this-one-weird-clothesline-trick.html

6 Likes

Wait, is that a dingo?

6 Likes

Have to wonder which of the two (suspensori) trod in the other’s effluent more frequently

3 Likes

As tricks go, that one made me sad.

Looks like the kid is having a blast! Very happy baby.

4 Likes

Put two goats on the other two corners, and you take care of lawn mowing as well.

7 Likes

This would be handy to keep me homebound when I decide to drink at the barbecue.

7 Likes

And thus was an awesome short story begun.

7 Likes

The dingoes got my!!!.. nah, yeah, nah, yeah, naaahhh… Crikey! that was a close one… chuck us a stubbie… OOhhhhh! There she goes.

4 Likes

FTFY  

3 Likes

Needs 2 goonsacks attached also.

3 Likes

Farming it out to OzzyMan, are we? :grin:

Nah… yeah nah. OzzyMan doesn’t own yeah nah. Yeah? :grinning:

Obligs:

2 Likes

In the fine baby book What’s Going On In There? written by a neuroscientist, the author describes a six-week twice-a-week experiment with three groups of babies; one handed to a researcher in a spinny chair to get spun around for a bit, one with no intervention, and one handed to a researcher but not taken for a spin. (Thorough!) By the end, the spun babies were measurably ahead by whatever age-appropriate metric – sitting up, crawling, walking, etc. They like getting spun like this because it’s good training for their vestibular (inner ear) systems!

The book also mentions a study comparing cultures where babies are carried on backs, thereby shaken all around, vs. transported smoothly by stroller. Yep, it’s better if they get the vestibular stimulation that comes from being carried.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.