Watch: Ben Carson reads his anti-cancel culture poem on Fox News

My point was that their bad-faithily pointing to green eggs and ham, which no one* finds offensive, is like pointing to Mapplethorpe’s non sexual photos in response to calls to censor him, rather than dealing with what actually has people upset.

When my very small, pretty conservative town’s library got a copy of Pictures, a collection of his more explicit photos, people were pretty shocked - this was before residential internet service was available in that town. (I’ll say with pride that the library got zero requests to have it removed though.)

I’m willing to debate whether something is appropriate or not, but when one side is pretending the controversy is about something different than it actually is, they have already admitted defeat.

1 Like

I grew up Seventh-day Adventist (stay with me, this is relevant) that’s the church Ben Carson belongs to. He was our hero. I read his books as a teen, I looked up to him. The sheer amount of rage I have towards him now isn’t healthy.

A friend of my worked for an Adventist publishing group, and she met him, this was probably years before he switched to politics, she said he was a massive arsehole. Which shocked her at the time because, again, he was a hero to Adventist youth.

Fuck him. Or as Dan Savage says, Unfuck him.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.