Watch boxer's incredible ability to dodge punches

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/30/watch-boxers-incredible-abil.html

3 Likes

Crazy, it’s crazy what that guy can do.

2 Likes

Slow mo video is region-locked =(

7 Likes

I probably shouldn’t have but taking a look at the comments on Twitter it seems like the boxer is getting a lot of shade for taking easy fights rather than going against more experienced fighters. I don’t watch boxing so i don’t know how true that is but it does seem like the person throwing the punches is not that good.

5 Likes
2 Likes

He’s not so much dodging as he is making himself a moving target that’s hard to pinpoint and hit. I think he’d be knocked out doing this against a more experienced boxer.

3 Likes

I can admire the skill and still say boxing needs to end. Two boxers have died in the last week.

12 Likes

That boxer is doing an amazing job of avoiding hitting the man who is directly in front of him, I agree.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Had to turn off VPN for that one. :frowning: Maybe you should turn yours on?

1 Like

Umm… maybe, but I’m pretty sure that dodging involves making oneself a “moving target that’s hard to pinpoint and hit.”

4 Likes

Exactly. What’s all the fuss? It’s like no one has ever seen Muhammad Ali.

3 Likes
2 Likes

You bastard! Now I have a desperate need to find out how the champ DID get knocked out!

Sigh - another rabbit hole.

:wink:

1 Like

If a boxer reminds you of Ali, they’re doing real good.

It’s a good movie.

Or you could see the remake, “The Kid from Brooklyn.”

1 Like

The boxers name in the video dodging the punches is Tevin Farmer. Tremaine Williams is another boxer.

2 Likes

Dodging would be seeing the punch coming and moving out of the way of it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.