Watch British comedian Munya Chawawa mock the racist undertones of news networks covering the tragedy in Ukraine

Originally published at: Watch British comedian Munya Chawawa mock the racist undertones of news networks covering the tragedy in Ukraine | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Amber Ruffin also did a bit on this topic this past week…

National treasure, that woman. National treasure.

21 Likes

On the topic of welcoming Ukrainian refugees, the local city subreddit had an entire thread of people who were saying things like “I’m not racist but… I just have more in common with them because of our shared heritage.” They refused to acknowledge any possibility that there might be some actual racism in those statements and that they might have some ingrained biases to overcome.

6 Likes

How can you blame any civilian for wanting to get the **** out of a war zone? Color is irrelevant.

2 Likes

This is beyond brilliant. And they way they drive home the point at the end? <chef’s kiss>

2 Likes

Well sure they did, because that would mean they’re racists! Who are you anyway, insinuating with your question itself that they’re racists? Can’t you see that that makes YOU the racist?

/s

5 Likes

I wonder what Mr. Wardle, creator of Wordle, thinks of this name coming full circle.

There are African-Ukrainians contrary to popular belief.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.