Watch Christian Bale knock it out of the park again in the trailer for The Pale Blue Eye

Originally published at: Watch Christian Bale knock it out of the park again in the trailer for The Pale Blue Eye | Boing Boing

1 Like

This Poe story is in my humble opine his best, it’s creepy and a who done it.

2 Likes

Bah! Phooey! Thor giving a bunch of children the power of Thor (for a limited time only!) was one of my favorite Thor moments ever.

Brought a tear to my eye, that did. Not every movie has to be La Passion de Jeanne d’Arc.

8 Likes

" Watch Christian Bale knock it out of the park again…"

Did your link send me to a different trailer where there was almost no Bale on screen and just his VO?

I also really love him as an actor but I think you’re coming off as a bit thirsty.

3 Likes

Oh, I had only heard good things about the new Thor movie. I thought it was pretty good, especially Bale’s character, but the whole flick just a fun escapist romp. Exactly what I was looking for.

7 Likes

I also had fun watching; it’s no Ragnarok, but it’s fine. Hating on Love and Thunder does seem to be a thing right now. Also, I’ve noticed trends with certain BB authors, and have learned to discount their opinions accordingly.

4 Likes

Of course you would say that. You were great in She-Hulk, buddy. No notes.

5 Likes

I’m a fan of Bale, and it’s true - he’s good in anything he’s in. Most recently I saw him in Ford v Ferrari (and man, I wish I had seen that on the big screen) which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I hadn’t heard about this one, but I’m intrigued now.

1 Like

I thought the story was by Louis Bayard, and Poe is a character in it. Did Bayard base it on a Poe story?

1 Like

I don’t think it was his voice, either. I think it was Harry Melling’s.

And did you ever suspect Harry Potter’s cousin Dudley would grow up to co-lead a movie with Christinian Bale?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.