Watch CNN reporter Joe Johns battle raccoons while trying to film segment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/07/watch-cnn-reporter-joe-johns-battle-raccoons-while-trying-to-film-segment.html

8 Likes

Hopefully the White House press pool will be doing something similar in a few months.

6 Likes

Well, trash pandas go to where the garbage is.

18 Likes

“This is my story racoon! Mine! Go get an internship and start at the bottom like everyone else!”

9 Likes

raccoons

21 Likes

They regularly washed their hands lang before we started.

7 Likes

I so want to see him in a future segment wearing a coonskin cap.

1 Like

Immediately what my mind went to. God, how I love and miss that show. Best representation of the United States political system ever.

3 Likes

What they didn’t show…

giphy (85)

10 Likes

Coyotes, possums & armadillos want their own segments.

3 Likes

Bit surprised raccoons are in a well traveled area of DC. Must be some wild area near by they live in. May travel via storm drains.

Also - I can share my idea for a Southern-Asian fusion food truck:

Trash Panda Express

2 Likes

“Can you picture it, Seymour? Entire humans, made of garbage!”

3 Likes

The white house is right on the mall, and there are plenty of trees in that area, plus plenty of culverts, food bins, and all the other wonderful things trash pandas love. What you don’t see much of are possums, which don’t seem to enjoy cohabitating with people as much as the masked bandits do.

5 Likes

Where I live wouldn’t even count as SUB urban anymore, never quiet, no big park areas, and raccoons are as common as stray cats at night, if you watch for them. They have no predators other than cars, and cities are a continual banquet.

3 Likes

I have raccoons around me too, but there are several dense forested/creek areas around the apartment complex for them to live in once they get done raiding dumpsters.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.