Smart trash bins outsmarted by smarter trash pandas

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/23/smart-trash-bins-outsmarted-by-smarter-trash-pandas.html

6 Likes

I welcome our Racoon Overlords. May they make less of a mess of the planet than we have.

14 Likes

He might be hitting the Cs a little hard, but it sounds normal to me.

Toronto is strange about raccoons.

15 Likes

A lot of years ago my parents took me and my brother camping in Arkansas. The site had garbage cans sunk into the ground with tops that you had to step on a lever to open. Every night the racoons cane to raid the cans. One would sit on the lever while another jumped into the can. The lever one would release the lever until the other one would bang on the lid. On to the next one with the previous lever one going in the can. All night long, clang, wait, clang.

18 Likes
10 Likes

I suspect this underestimates the intelligence of the bears by at least an order of magnitude. At least.

20 Likes

Yeah, accent is a little weird. Too much schwa, I think? He’s saying “ruh-COON,” but I’ve only ever heard or said “rac-COON.”

2 Likes
6 Likes

Toronto: Racoon City

8 Likes

Sounds normal to me, too.

Now I want to know how Natalie pronounces raccoon.

Nah. Sounds like rAccoon to me.

2 Likes

I think it’s an artificially-generated voice. “Ruckoon” could be an accent. “DIS-tri-BU-ted” might be an accent. But “trashPANdas” is unnatural. That’s about as far as I could listen.

3 Likes

I wondered about that too, although this one didn’t bother me quite as much as most of them did. Either that or I was willing to put up with it for the raccoons.

1 Like

Okay, since no one else has posted it …

I really wish I could find a recording of one of the puppet shows performed to this song at Mid West Furfest. Those were great! (You’ll have to picture the raccoon puppet dropping “valuable” electronics.)

2 Likes

“How can they cut the power, man?! They’re animals!” (ALIENS)

No no, that was the squirrels, mostly.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.