Watch: Dramatic cell-phone video of an illegal fireworks explosion from a California home

Originally published at: Watch: Dramatic cell-phone video of an illegal fireworks explosion from a California home | Boing Boing

7 Likes

A house in Ontario, California, known for its “year-round” explosions of illegal fireworks

i.e. an arsehole party house. A couple of months back an acquaintance told me that a family of these kinds of dickheads moved in a couple of blocks away. The neighbourhood dogs are traumatised and they’ve been trying to get the cops to take action to no avail. I’ll send them this article in the hope that they’ll be able to use it to shut down the jerks.

19 Likes

Ouch, my PTSD just jumped out of my skin.

8 Likes

A friend who lives nearly a mile away said the house shook like an earthquake.

7 Likes

I wonder if the annoyed neighbors helped this lil accident along to get them outta the area.

Wow, that was huge.

I wonder if any of the idiots I hear setting stuff off at random times of the year have a stash that big somewhere.

6 Likes

ntshpdgiphy

8 Likes
4 Likes

I wonder if he’ll get a ticket for those fireworks now.

Illegal fireworks? The cops say there’s mortar come…

7 Likes

Bombs are ok as long as they are all sparkly and make a cool whooshing noise. These are weapons of mass destruc-fun.

Well, to everyone concerned, they pulled two bodies out of the ruins of the house, so this is likely not to be an ongoing problem.

Happened just after lunch yesterday, and because a lot of my teammates are work from home in OC area, there were a lot of “did you hear the explosion?” PMs going around.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.