Watch: Geometry teacher breakdances for caramel apple pie

Such a thing would be racist if the subject wasn’t white.

Apparently, systemic oppression makes that logical. Which I pretty much get when it comes to matters oppressive, but I’m fairly sure there’s a point where it just gets silly to maintain that racism can’t go both ways… Perhaps we need a word for non-systemic prejudice of this sort?

How about culturalism? (/adds to keyboard dictionary)

Seems to me, this is much more of a grey area, where there’s room for debate (as long as you don’t believe in cultural equivalence). Then you’re free to criticise a group on the basis of their values, beliefs, practices or whatever… Which would quite possibly allow for a large number of people to reconsider their rejection of political correctness and make it less simplistic and doctrinaire.

I guess this could be a whole thread on its own, if there’s enough interest; might require splitting off.

Honestly, I had to read your comment 5 times to (I think) understand everything.
I’m not a native english speaker and the language you use is rather different from what I’m used to.
Reminds of ‘Simulacra and Simulation’ (the most serious book I read in the past couple years)

Could you elaborate on cultural equivalence? Google fails me and I don’t really understand what you mean by it.

Now that’s an interesting idea, being politically correct without spouting mostly meaningless, yet non-offensive nonsense.

2 Likes

:notes: I don’t need your medicine
I’m high on adrenaline
:notes:

–Grimes

4 Likes

I was gonna say, dude looks about my age - so he was in the sweet spot age-bracket wise, for being into break dancing during it’s 80s renaissance.

1 Like

In big cities there are plenty of people who get together and dance funky, free, and sober. It is a much cleaner endorphin hit than you can get altered. Google ecstatic dance, open floor, or five rhythms. People of all ages do it.

Also, break dancing came about right when this guy would have been age appropriate.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.