Watch Harrison Ford's wonderful reaction to David Blaine's impressive card trick

So David Blaine doesn’t do this for money?

Or else he’s going to be biting into citrus containing the nine of hearts all week.

2 Likes

Honestly a lot of the old Blaine stuff are done with stooges and plants, so it’s possible that this whole thing was just a fake job. If it wasn’t, Ford’s wife was definitely in on it.

2 Likes

Nicely done.

I don’t know if that was Calista Flockhart we heard in the background. If it was her, she sounded just as amazed as her husband.

(Could be that an assistant was in on it.)

Not always. I imagine both exposure and simple enjoyment are pleasant enough rewards, at times.

1 Like

Seriously. If the dude can do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs, he should be avoid a few imperial spaceport airport officials

1 Like

Uh, is he, though? I can’t tell if his fingers swiped it or if there was a magnet in the shaving cream can, but Teller’s hand/can was right on top of it, after which his R hand drops immediately to his side (with the blade, obviously). Then, Teller cuts twice into the grapefruit, first a puncture, then a slice (the “prestige”). There is no functional explanation for the first puncture (other than to inserting the razor blade, of course). But with Penn’s intense misdirection (“stearic acid!”) we don’t have time to concentrate on that.

There’s no such sloppiness with Blaine/Ford. Then again, Blaine doesn’t have the problem P&T had: getting a unique, signed card into the fruit unobserved.

We see the entire P&T trick but Blaine never shows the massive setup In a way, Blaine’s is the easier trick. All Blaine has to do is force the 9-:heart: or force Ford to pick the right fruit. (“Force” being a magician’s term of art, not a Jedi’s.)

When one sees that, oh, the trick takes place at Ford’s own residence, one assumes the trick would be that much more difficult— when it’s just the opposite. Blaine didn’t knock on his door and do the trick on the doorstep. He called days ahead, had pre-production drop by to scope out the place, enlisted Ford’s family, had camera/lighting set up, giving him enough time to distract and muck with the fruit, chatted him up, all for this 1-minute “candid” shot. PLUS, if he gets it wrong, shows the 10- :spades:, he simply doesn’t air the failed trick, and moves on to Daisy Ridley!

2 Likes

I mean, she is an actor

2 Likes

Calista Flockhart, the ACTRESS?

3 Likes

I owe you a coke!

3 Likes

It’s not the years, it’s the mileage.

1 Like

Yeah. But is she really that good? :laughing:

1 Like

The parsecs?

2 Likes

He’s very method.

4 Likes

I am not nearly Ford’s age. but as over 50 I’m not a youngster either. A tip. Don’t wear tight T-shirts. Manboobs are not a turn on. At least not in the sexual preference I think Ford runs in.

He was just like this 35 years ago when I first met him in real life. I worked with him on set and we were social off set, and it’s like a switch gets flipped the moment he hears “cut!” The guy you see in this video is the real Ford, everything else is acting.

7 Likes

David Blaine might have just convinced Han of the Force.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.