Watch David Blaine do a very freaky card trick, slam Jimmy Fallon's hand on a pin, and then eat a bowl of nails

Originally published at: Watch David Blaine do a very freaky card trick, slam Jimmy Fallon's hand on a pin, and then eat a bowl of nails | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Pretty incredible.

3 Likes

Is it me, or was the nail-eating gag a little below his normal standards? It seemed pretty obvious he was just dropping them back into the bowl.

1 Like

Most, perhaps, but not all. Did you see the part where he shot them out of his nose? Because that was wild. Not to mention the entirely unexpected finale.

3 Likes

David Blaine is proof that devils walk among us. And I’m totally here for it.

1 Like

No, he’s not human.

1 Like

my favorite david blaine thing is a split between when he does some trick in Harrison Ford’s house, to which a clearly-intoxicated-or-maybe-dementia’d Ford seems genuinely upset about (Real or Magic; and at least to me he seemed to be oddly flummoxed despite having invited a famous magician in to do tricks in front of him)

And the other is Blaine’s TED talk about his stunt where he held his breath longer than anyone else, and he seemed unbelievably nervous to give the presentation. This is a person whose job is to do confidence tricks in front of the public all the time, shaking and stuttering and looking like he’s going to lose it on a TED stage in front of whatever liberal capitalists are in the TED audience.

Ugh. That TED talk. They have a magician whose job is to do magic tricks that trick people into thinking something is real when it isn’t and he talks all about how he did this seemingly impossible thing as if he actually did it and it wasn’t a magic trick and people believe him.

my understanding is that some of his escapist-style stunts are actually endurance performance stunts vs ‘it’s completely fake’. The unfallible wikipedia points out his world record attempts for unassisted and assisted breath-holding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.