Watch: Hilarious interview with Sean Spicer when Newsmax doesn't realize he's on mute

Originally published at: Watch: Hilarious interview with Sean Spicer when Newsmax doesn't realize he's on mute | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I love the anti-intellectual sneer this “common-sense genius” (who isn’t competent enough to listen to his technical director) gives when he calls her Dr. Jill Biden. Yes, the Newsmax bunch are clowns, but they’re also fascist clowns.

20 Likes

One more muted mic and it would have been perfect.

24 Likes

His lips are still moving so we know he is still lying…

21 Likes

Does anyone here read dips…er, I mean lips?

15 Likes

Newsmax SILENCES Sean Spicer

Conservatives calling for Newsmax to be shut down for engaging in “cancel culture.”

24 Likes

This is the approach the media should have been using with Sean Spicer from day one.

11 Likes

LOL the news max studios are a joke. They’re barely a “broadcaster” like any other news studio. They’re more like glorified YT streamers. It doesn’t surprise me they can’t get a decent Director or TD to run the control room. The broke ass bitches that they are, they probably can’t even afford to have a Director or TD on hand all of the time.

3 Likes

f2a4e8847cd69f1da93505abaa768caf

7 Likes

Nothing was lost by keeping him muted. At best, Spicer talked in circles without saying anything worth hearing. The peak of his career was playing easter bunny.

4 Likes

Production values = comedy

Fucked - up production values = comedy

3 Likes

Always remember that Harvard rewarded Sean Spicer with a fellowship at the Kennedy School of Government after his stint lying to the press and people.

Oh, and Harvard wasn’t even trying to advance the cause of open discussion of different views. They let Spicer meet with select groups in off the record sessions.

6 Likes

When does the hilarious part kick in?

3 Likes

I just saw a commercial for NewsMax on HGTV. They never uttered the word “conservative” but they showed their stripes immediately in the opening narration: “America. Our country. We conquered it. We fought to keep it…” Visuals: Lots of American flags, of course. Then they show a bunch of their NewsBozos while vowing to tell all the Truth you want to hear.

2 Likes

Conservative logic:

USA immigrants = conquerors
Anyone else = invaders, including native people

3 Likes

I guess that is consistent logic. Anyone else is trying to steal what we stole take what we took, and if they win they get to fly their flags and put up their statues and enslave us, so we need to beat them back hard.
You are only a conqueror if you win.

3 Likes

I remember hearing the explanation for anti-American sentiment, quoted a lot actually during the invasion of Iraq. Jealousy. Every great power has always faced the same…and the idea that maybe that means that the cruelty and injustice required to be a great power means you shouldn’t was certainly not part of the discussion.

I think we have hit the point where the right-wing ideology consists of the single proposition that the strong should surpass the weak. The Native Americans deserved to be taken over because they couldn’t stop it from happening. The same would be true of white Americans now…except they can stop it from happening by building walls and concentration camps for foreign children. Maybe you don’t need to, but who does it hurt to try, other than the enemy?

It makes perfect sense if you view everything as a war of all against all, instead of humanity in things together for the common good, which they have been taught does not exist. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Word. The few times I’ve walked into a room where it’s on, it looked like an even more amateurish version of Faux News. Like the especially nasty kids at some private high school that’s rich enough to have a mock tv studio.

3 Likes

Looks like the host had him in his IFB, but his mic was never pushed up to air.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.