Watch Hillary Clinton's presidential victory speech

and honestly, it’s hard to see dumptruckism as anything other than a referendum on having a black president.

he started his whole campaign on his invention of birtherism, and mostly ran against what obama did - not what clinton said she was going to do

5 Likes

So did I, and I agree about neo-liberalism… but can we admit that even men who are progressive can be misogynistic? Please. Can we like accept the reality? The reality that every single women on the planet faces on a daily basis.

I think the shit that Kamala Harris has to face is probably worse that Clinton… And the stuff that Stacey Abrams has to deal with, too.

10 Likes

I did not hold my nose, because I knew what the alternative meant…and now here we are with SCOTUS poised to overturn Roe v Wade, knock a hole in the wall separating the church and the state, and who knows what else. The Democratic Party AND Democratic voters (or progressive and moderate voters if you prefer not to affiliate with a party) really need to get better at looking at the big picture. Even today, we’re screwing this up. People are either mad that Biden isn’t doing enough to enact progressive policies, or they’re mad that he’s too progressive (which is ridiculous, but that’s another discussion). So we’re going to end up letting the GQP take control of Congress next year, and then the White House again in 2024. Meanwhile, no one is on Breyer’s ass to retire NOW for God’s sake, and we’re going to end up with a 7-2 conservative majority on SCOTUS. Democrats suck at politics.

8 Likes

I was glad to see Hillary disappear from public view for 4 years, and I’ll be glad to not see her again unless she decides to do something helpful to society outside of politics, like fellow losers Jimmy Carter or even Al Gore. Even Bush the First had the good sense to stay out of the spotlight.

4 Likes

Amber Riley Tea GIF

To be fair, McConnell would just hold up the nomination forever…

I think it’s that they want to believe that this is regular politics instead of early 1930s Germany…

Warning Be Careful GIF by Bounce

Thems fighting words.

5 Likes

The hubris of a woman, who has spent decades of her life devoted to competent public service, thinking she could be President of the United States.

8 Likes

From outside the country this is so blindingly obvious.

When you haven’t been taught to hate her over decades it is strange to see even otherwise reasonable people reflexively trying to find the fault with her whenever her name comes up.

10 Likes

And some people cannot deal with probabilities. Trump had 30% chance of winning. He won. It doesn’t mean Hillary was a rank incompetent who deserved to lose because Trump won his 30% dice throw. The piling-on by ostensibly allied Democrats is the weirdest phenomenon.

5 Likes

Again, something that was not only true (all these years later who can deny there are baskets of deplorables out there?) it was also twisted by the media in something she didn’t say. She said that among Trump voters there were some deplorables but people decided they wanted to hear that she had called every Trump voter deplorable (which, the way they treated her, she would have had every right to do, btw).

If it made an impact in rural PA, it is because people wanted to be offended and something tells me these people wouldn’t have voted for her anyway.

3 Likes

I was proud to vote for Hillary in 2016. She was imperfect, but imminently qualified, and the imperfections were par for the course for any politician, the kind of things that people don’t even notice in men.

I looked forward to her presidency.

And although anything is possible, I don’t see those key states going Bernie’s way either if he had won the nomination.

3 Likes

Kinda my point. Breyer should have retired shortly after Biden took office, before Sinema and Manchin fully realized how much power they had to hold crap up and before Republicans had a chance to regain a majority. The filibuster can’t hold up SCOTUS nominations, so Biden could have shoved someone in there with a party line vote in the Senate and Harris as the tiebreaker. If Breyer retired today, Sinema and Manchin would hold up any nomination just to let everyone know they’re in charge. Eventually they might relent if Biden nominated someone center-right.

4 Likes

Shhhh… we’re all supposed to pretend misogyny isn’t real! How else will be beat it?

6 Likes

Honestly, though, with Trumps 3 appointments, it’s kind of too late anyway. We’re fucked for a generation.

3 Likes

ha ha simpsons GIF

Probably. Still, I’d rather it not turn into two generations.

3 Likes

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.