Watch how much this police dog loves (or hates) a Jack-in-the-box surprise toy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/15/watch-how-much-this-police-dog.html

6 Likes

Doggies have really good reflexes, but that shepherd is WAY fast.

Both of my dogs have grabbed little rodents popping out of holes – voles and moles and such – and my old dog once jammed her head into a bush and came out with a little birdy in her mouth. Which she ate, much to the distress of its (I’m guessing) mate, who twittered around in alarm. That wasn’t fun.

8 Likes

Watch the fingers Fido!

4 Likes

good boy!

3 Likes

‘E’s done this before, ha’n’ 'e?

1 Like

Yeah, that face on doggo before ol’ Jack appears says “lurv mah new toi!!!”

3 Likes

My guess is a cat who knows what is about to happen would likewise sink their claws in it.

4 Likes

Slightly OT: My parent’s cat once took a baby bird out of it’s nest, tried to get away to eat it in peace but got dive-bombed by not only that birds parents, but half the other birds within a… well, seemed like a 10-mile radius of the garden. Baby bird was dropped, cat stayed in the house that summer as persona non-grata in her own territory.

4 Likes

Our wheaten loved to chase squirrels, but couldn’t catch one if it fell in his head - which it did one day. He stood there stunned, with the squirrel inches away from his mouth. Figure he had no bite reflex.

2 Likes

That’s because this is the 29th time he’s seen Jack pop out. It’s only the first time for Twitter.

4 Likes

I’m a German Shepherd, and this is my favorite box on the Citadel!

2 Likes
1 Like

The real burning question here is how and why does the Redondo PD have a branded jack-in-the-box.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.