Watch Jimmy Fallon and Paul Rudd's remake of the 1984 video for "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/26/watch-jimmy-fallon-and-paul-ru.html

8 Likes

That caused a bit of arousal in me.

8 Likes

I like this one even better:

12 Likes

Clearly a reference to Ant-Man’s experience of disorienting phases of electron spin in the quantum zone. Enough with the Endgame tie-ins, already.

4 Likes

I hated this song back in the day, but I heard it at a party a few years ago, playing really loud, and I have to admit I see the appeal. The chorus is an earworm.

2 Likes

I always enjoyed this song in the underage clubs in the 80’s but confess I never bothered to go buy the album or single.

6 Likes

paul rudd is a goddamn national treasure. i love that no matter what cover fallon suggests, paul rudd is IN, one hundred percent. he really sells this one.

16 Likes

This is the Friday I needed and, frankly, deserved.

Thank you!

3 Likes

(egad i’m ancient) i recall perfectly being very adolescently disappointed that we were never allowed to see whatever was connected to the feminine golden fingernails/arms.

3 Likes

It’s better than meatspin…

I refuse to believe that is Jimmy Fallon, he is not laughing.

3 Likes

That’s the format of top 40 radio - take too few rather good songs, and overplay them so much that everyone hates them well before they go out of rotation on the radio.

So many songs I couldn’t stand when they were hits, I listen to now and quite enjoy them. Because I just listened to the song for the first and last time this month. I can enjoy listening to just about any well-crafted song a few times a month, but I haven’t yet encountered one that I enjoyed hearing a few times a day for a month.

5 Likes

‘Fearless’ is the word I keep coming back to. :santa: (<- was looking for the super hero, but saw Santa, and well, Santa).

2 Likes

This one wasn’t that hard to copy, compared to the details they managed in the Styx video.

The one I want to see them remake is Billy Squier’s bizarre “Rock Me Tonite” video. Rudd already looks exactly like Squier.

6 Likes

I saw that tour… Fastway opened, which I guess is the closest I came to seeing Motörhead.

1 Like

It’s missing the title/credit in MTV style on the lower left.

2 Likes

Here’s the side by side

4 Likes

Well, Paul Rudd will do that to people.

2 Likes

How are they not Slappin da base? Is that Meme too old?

They probably had to wrap production on that video so someone could get into the studio to shoot their senior pictures. I am really surprised an oversized megaphone and some giant building blocks with letters on them didn’t end up in the video.