Watch Kamala Harris question Kavanaugh on the Mueller probe

It was most ungeneel of her. My pearls!

Won’t be the last.

Yeah, I came late to the game, so the tone of the exchange was largely lost on me. When I saw you and @anon61833566 getting ruffled feathers I thought there must be some there there.

4 Likes

There usually is.

4 Likes

These things always remind me of this:

5 Likes

But Brent sure was acting like he had something to hide. Or is a criterion for supreme court justices to act like they don’t know what’s going on, what the question is? It would certainly been more credible if he had responded like @anonymous86 suggests, but he didn’t. He was this close to asking Sen. Harris, “Why are you asking me that, girl?”. Wow, his posture soooo reminded me of that dim wit look that Bush Jr always seemed to have on his face.

Just wanted to say here, too, that this is witness to America’s slow slide toward fascism. The frog doesn’t notice the water heating up as its temperature rises to a boil. I am sure hoping that those anonymous cabinet members seriously consider invoking the 25th.

2 Likes

Given that we can assume what she was really asking, surely a simple rephrasing could have got the same effect.

Have you ever spoken to anyone who you are aware works for X, about Y?

That leaves only the wiggle room for later denial that he “didn’t know” the person worked there, but that would be unreasonable to claim if it was anyone high profile or representative of the firm.

1 Like

You’re right. She was disrespectful and uppity. How DARE she talk that way to that good man and imply that he’s anything less than a perfect gentleman. She might inspire doubts about his character and honesty, and we can’t have some upstart doing that. She should know her place and not speak while her betters are trying to talk.

In other words, she’s doing her damned job.

7 Likes

Kavanaugh: “Um… is one or more of the cards you are holding an ace?”

1 Like

Have you ever had a discussion about sports with someone who works at home depot?

1 Like

Many Senators did that and he routinely refused to answer these questions, citing his reluctance to discuss hypothetical scenarios.

6 Likes

fivethirtyeight reports the documents released by Booker were NOT actually confidential after all

And there it is. Gotcha.

Fascinating to watch this Kavanaugh guy being unaware that a chunk of his integrity drops off with every dodge, that people can see what he’s doing, and that it isn’t clever.

Or maybe he just doesn’t give one.

Not to derail, but wait - there’s more!

1 Like

I think Trevor Noah sums this thing up really well. And yes…it is VERY OBVIOUS that Kavanaugh was evasive and hiding something.

7 Likes

With that attitude, you’ll never make The List.

4 Likes

I’m disappointed in The List.

It’s obvious that Kavanaugh was going to clam up. He already has the nomination in the bag unless he manages to say something that angers Republicans somehow. As long as he doesn’t answer any questions he gets a free ride to the Supreme Court. Can you imagine some Republican in Congress voting against the President’s nomination? They aren’t the Democrats, they don’t tolerate dissent in the ranks.

They aren’t even trying to pretend they are operating in good faith. Withholding the documents until literally minutes before the start of the hearing. Withholding documents by lying and saying that they are classified. Refusing to defer the hearings so people can read the documents. It’s naked contempt and they’re going to get away with it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.