Watch man brazenly shoplift at Walgreens while TV news is in the store reporting on brazen shoplifting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/22/watch-man-brazenly-shoplift-at-walgreens-while-tv-news-is-in-the-store-reporting-on-brazen-shoplifting.html

1 Like

Buuut … why is everyone in this video OK with it?

8 Likes

Perhaps the idea of massive corporate drug store chains snarfing up all the independent stores and bringing us bland corporate nothingness (and screwed up loss prevention policies) in the name of progress wasn’t such a great idea after all. Guess we’ll never know…

5 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

And he wore his mask wrong.

Using a scooter as a getaway vehicle may be the most Bay Area crime ever.

18 Likes

i really wished this same plan worked at the wall street level. ahg, madoff, the big banks, the sackler family - all this brazen looting… let’s shut it down, let’s shut it all down.

5 Likes

These days the only people expected to physically intervene are trained security personnel and law enforcement. Untrained cashiers attempting to intervene pose a liability to the business, and corporate policy usually makes physical intervention a fireable offense.

The question is, if they’ve got a known “rampant” shoplifting issue, why is there no security/law enforcement present?

11 Likes

And traceable, too.

1 Like

Not too mention: like I’d risk a trip to the emergency room over an inflatable mattress. For Walgreens.

6 Likes

OK, this I understand … but I didn’t mean physical intervention but more the random exclamation of surprise, etc.

I mean, there’s a women holding the door for the guy!? (Is that actually already aiding?)

The question is, if they’ve got a known “rampant” shoplifting issue, why is there no security/law enforcement present?

Also.

OK, that’s certainly fair :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Depends whether or not it was ever or still connected to a service.

3 Likes

Sometimes stuff is wrong but just, you know. Funny.

4 Likes

When things get bad enough in America this will be commonplace.

It wouldn’t be hard for a group of the desperate and poor to all show up at Target or Costco and overwhelm the security with sheer numbers. Security guards can stop a couple shoplifters, but twenty all at once? Nope.

1 Like

With a tagline like that, why do I need to watch the video?

Given how few shits the thief gives to the fact that there is a TV news anchor filming the crime, I suspect he may not be trying very hard to cover his tracks.

1 Like

I saw this way back when. Now I wish I had bought the conversion kit.

1 Like

Did you know that Walgreens has the highest cost for prescription drugs of all similar chains?
Did you know that Walgreens gouges customers on the price of staples?
Did you know that Walgreens has been looting communities for years now?

2 Likes

That’s the one on Van Ness that serves the Opera Plaza community. This is a direct result of not hiring a security guard. The CVS up the street has a security guard, they also have full shelves.

3 Likes

rocccckkk muuuusiiiiiic *shakes fist

7 Likes

YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

This text is to fill out the comment so that it is an appropriate comment with appropriate text.