Watch: Man risks his life at California fire to save a bunny rabbit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/07/man-risks-his-life-at-californ.html

7 Likes

I hope the rabbit didn’t go into cardiac arrest from so much panic.

11 Likes

Well done sir. Well done.

6 Likes

Roger That!

5 Likes

That’s fine. I’ll only do so for a furry family member.

4 Likes

Yes, I refer to my dog as a friend, not an animal. That’s the way I do it, and that’s the way it’s going to stay.

4 Likes

I prefer mine braised with a side of vegetables.

8 Likes

The prior story about the North Carolina cop who’s finally going to jail for murdering Walter Scott was a bit disturbing (for the death and the image, not for the jailing).

So this story was a most propitious bunny chaser. (Sorry.)

3 Likes

You have this guy, perhaps foolish and noble tho he may be… good on you sir, hope you are both safe.

And then there is Donnie Jr, a fknut who thinks it is cool to pose with the hacked off tail of the elephant he just shot… great job Donnie! You managed not to shot yourself…
next time try a spear and let’s see you fare. or maybe hand to hand? be a real man.
The turd falls not far from the asshole.

Indeed, I’d think swift-footed animals are well prepared to flee from fires.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe not. A California reporter on NPR spoke this morning about hearing shrieks from coyotes caught in the fires ringing Ojai.

1 Like

I liked how he was stridently singing 'Save the Wabbit! Save the Wabbit" the whole time.

Quick! Someone with a bunch of time on your hands: edit this bunny save video to add this tune in the background!

3 Likes

i would’ve been the same way: GAHH, NO, DON’T RUN THAT WAY OMG! COME HERE, PLEASE! JUST WAIT, JUST WAIT! I GOT YOU, LITTLE GUY!

2 Likes

You know I hope he was in no danger, because if he was, what a moron.

1 Like

This. The problem is that wildfires can move pretty quickly, and not really in one easily outrun advancing front. Animals get caught in little pockets, or trying to hide in dens etc… until they can’t.

Also, it’s smelled like smoke down down here in much of So. Cal for the past week…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.