Watch: Michael Bloomberg greets a dog by shaking his, uh, mouth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/29/watch-michael-bloomberg-greet.html

2 Likes

I wouldn’t trust a man like that to kiss a baby, on or off camera.

12 Likes

bloomberg, please go away, now.

13 Likes
GREETINGS EARTH MAMMAL PLEASE FOR HAVE VOTE
39 Likes

That poor dog had to taste him.

10 Likes

I hate when that happens. So relatable

borat voice: not!

4 Likes

One hand in the mouth is worth two in the … fur?

4 Likes

He’s out there kissing hands and shaking babies!

18 Likes

Or maybe he’s trying to Wag the Dog and got the wrong end.

8 Likes

Never trust an adult who doesn’t know how to pet a dog.

11 Likes

This is like when Putin kissed that little boy’s belly: The super-rich and powerful apparently don’t know how to physically react properly when greeting other beings.

5 Likes

Maybe he thinks you should handle dogs like they’re trout.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, long-time experienced dog owner and handler and lover here. What Bloomberg did was risky with a dog that doesn’t know you, but a dog that does know you, or a dog that is absurdly friendly, enjoys a greeting that involves your hand or wrist in his mouth. Just one of those things about dogs.

5 Likes

Reminds me of Scooter from Marketing, the Australian Prime Minister…

4 Likes

I have no love for Bloomberg, but my take on this video is he cheekily “shook” the dogs mouth immediately after shaking its owner’s hand. Then scritched its head like a normal person would.

Slightly quirky, not that weird in context. But it does make for a genuinely horrible still photo.

7 Likes

I normally greet people by shaking my mouth.

I call it “talking”.

5 Likes

I do that with my dogs; the key, I think is whether he knows the dog or not. He doesn’t seem at all tentative. If he doesn’t know the dog, then yeah; risky. We haven’t really been given the context.

1 Like

It’s a rare Appalachian Meowing Hound; snout shaking is the usual method of greeting amongst this rare breed.

5 Likes

He has people for that.

2 Likes

Made me gag, poor critter must still be brushing it’s teeth.

1 Like