Watch NASA's Perseverance rover land on Mars!

8 Likes

I’m amazed we’ve gotten images back so fast. We’ve come a long way from when we had to wait and wait and wait for ones from Sojourner.

10 Likes

Stumbled in on the live feed 2 minutes before touchdown… Great! Congratulations to NASA and the team. Looking forward to exciting discoveries to come.

7 Likes

Mrs Peas and I both had a little misty moment as this rugged little (big!) bot touched down and the Little Peas was screaming out updates as they were announced. Godspeed, Perseverance!!!

12 Likes

I’m never going to get tired of seeing things like this go down. It’s beyond rad that we’re able to see images from other planets so quickly after touchdown (or at all for that matter).

My daughter’s only goal in life is to go to space. Currently, she wants to go to Jupiter. She’s six, so lots of time for her to change her mind, but by gods do I hope she sticks with this dream.

13 Likes

Good stuff NASA. I’m looking forward to the landing footage.

3 Likes

Seriously, the most uplifting thing I’ve seen in a year.

7 Likes
13 Likes

Little Peas told me he wants me to be the one to close his hatch when he goes up. He’s three. :star_struck:

Of course, he wants Mrs Peas to ride along. Just her.

4 Likes

Also, we’ve recently been reading Moonshot by Brian Floca after reading his astonishing Locomotive. I can’t recommend it enough if she hasn’t already read it!

4 Likes

Cool! Thanks. We haven’t seen that one, yet. I’ll check it out. Chris Hadfield’s kids book is a fun read. And, if you haven’t seen the Story Time from Space series, your kid will probably love it. It’s stories ready by astronauts on the ISS. I would have loved content like this when I was a kid (as it is interviewing an astronaut is still one of the coolest on the job things I’ve done).

My daughter started wanting to be an astronaut around 3, as well. She hasn’t wavered from the dream at all, though, which is impressive.

3 Likes

This is the coolest image I’ve seen in a long freaking time.

5 Likes

Noice. I think they said there is HD video of the landing to be released soon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.