Watch: Oregon TV anchor: "Pot got me fired"

While this is a situation for you that was likely the worst time of your life, there’s a small fact you may want to know… Alcohol COMPLETELY metabolizes out of the system fast, whereas THC does not… IE, you can detect marijuana USE much later in time than with alcohol… it does NOT mean you’re high (though, in your case, it seems he likely was, but that’s another point). Having it in your system is NOT a good way to look at things. Anti-psychotic drugs can be in your system for a YEAR after taking them… yet… you can STILL be psychotic with those in your system. You may have been ‘fine’ while on them, yet a year later you are NOT… but, they’re still there!
Most pot users won’t get behind the wheel while high, though…some do. Same as with alcohol. That would be the point to make here… Drunk or High drivers ARE a problem, with that I TOTALLY agree… but you lose the argument when you say you drink like everyone else.

Also note…that eating poppy seed bagels will ALSO make you fail a drug test!

Don’t forget, poppy seed bagels can ALSO cause you to fail a drug test! Do they get you high? Well…I don’t know, since I sure enjoy them! But the effect in this case would be the same… or…rather…‘SHOULD’ be…IE… fail a drug test WITHOUT any SOUND reasoning given and you get fired. Tests in cases like these are hard, since they detect the PRESENCE, but not when taken. Anti-psychotic drugs can be found a YEAR* later…does NOT mean they’re sane… NO! Only that they’ve taken drugs in the past to make them so…
As it stands, there is no ‘level’ of detection given (like there is with blood alcohol). If it’s ‘detected’ your guilty…which is UNLIKE alcohol where you have to be over a certain threshold. Ir really is an insane metric which SOMEDAY I hope someone fights in court!

Note:

• ‘year’ is relative…it depends on many factors, and can be (usually) between 9 and 15 months…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.