WATCH: Parasites removed from hornet

Nature: The feeling is mutual.

6 Likes

It was very interesting, for sure, but I really don’t think it rises to the level of Best Picture at the Oscars, or many of the other awards it got. I’m glad I didn’t pay to see it at the theater!

4 Likes

So… why not just stomp on hornet and parasite both?

1 Like

If you go by number of cells, we’re walking around with (likely) more bacterial cells than human cells. They’re teeny tiny cells, though.

1 Like

WATCH:

No, thank you

This was written by the same guy that did Snow Piercer

Oh, a lot more. Basically we are just biofermenters on legs. Most of them aren’t parasites as such, we couldn’t even eat properly without the little buggers.
Seriously, I wouldn’t be surprised if visiting aliens would try to make contact with the bacteria we carry around because initial asessments indicate that they are calling the shots.

4 Likes

At a later date that guy was attacked by a wasp and the hornet came back to save him by stinging the wasp. I think the guy’s name might have been Daniel. Or something.

1 Like

If nothing else, just stress can blunt one’s… friskiness.

‘Parasites’ was just a teeny-weeny, microscopically different. :wink:

Taking bets:

Bot, or posted after reading a single word and decided that was enough to get the jist of the story?

Inviting you to sign up for my newsletter!

1 Like

My coworkers share their children’s infectious diseases at work. I wrongly assumed college was the last time I’d run into someone with pink eye.

On reflection I think my self-destruct system will now be calibrated to include “percentage parasite by mass” and “percentage parasite by volume” trip values as well as the traditional deadman’s switch condition.

It seems the only sensible precaution.

Until now, I’ve never felt sorry for a hornet.

1 Like

Nature is amazing. I can’t even begin to imagine the evolutionary process which lead to a toad enticing humans to obtain its food in such a laborious manner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.