Watch: pedestrian nonchalantly continues through rubble after wall collapses in street right by him

TRAINEE BUILDER: Shouldn’t there be gable bracing?

BRITISH BUILDERS: **silent for a few seconds, then explode into uproarious laughter

7 Likes

BRITISH BUILDERS: We’ll still bill them for it, though.

5 Likes

It’s a doorbell cam from across the road, filming constantly. Someone has edited the video to pan it (or perhaps the cam zooms/pans automatically toward motion)

Check out the efflorescence all over the house in question.

Pretty sure it’s a fiesta!. Right there on Google Street view!

5 Likes

Even allowing for UK variants, the roof is too flat. On the Fiesta, it’s curved, and slopes down towards the back.

Unfiesta

I bet they’re wishing they had parked in their spot rather than on the street.

2011 North American model:

1 Like

In the video the headlights really look like a vauxhall corsa, could be a small nissan or mazda too.

1 Like

Definitely a UK 1999-2002 “Mk. 4.5” Ford Fiesta.

7 Likes

It was a Fiesta, but now it is a Piñata

5 Likes

And it looked so nice for a 20+ year-old car.

1 Like
4 Likes

It’s Einstürzende Neubauten or Einstuerzende Neubauten.

Umlauts are not optional. U and Ü are two totally different letters but if you don’t have ‘ü’ available on your keyboard (if you are on a phone you do, just long-press the ‘u’ key) then it is perfectly acceptable to substitute an ‘ue’, but never an ‘u’.

4 Likes

Even crazier, the gable is just a false front extending above the roof line, with no function except to catch the wind. The owners of the house in the background must be nervous.

5 Likes

That’ll buff right out.

3 Likes

f6958b0677d8c4a5da51ede8d1c86b8b

2 Likes

you only get 30 minutes for lunch

Nah, definitely not a Vauxhall. It could be an older Fiesta, or possibly a Citroen or Peugeot, I’d guess it’s about ten-twelve years old.
I’m not sure the usual phrase “it’s ok, it’ll buff out” will apply in this case!
And that end gable is a staggeringly shoddy bit of work, just how that passed a building inspection is beyond me, although, by a strange and spooky coincidence, there was an item on the BBC One Show this evening about the shoddy standards of building work because the building companies are just throwing the buildings up to maximise profit - one house had to have n entire outside brick wall and the roof replaced after the buyers had moved in!

images

2 Likes

Maybe he’s just a NPC in a world where this kind of thing happens all the time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.