Watch Piers Morgan try to embarrass a reality TV star but make an ass of himself instead

Roger That!

4 Likes

Forgetting the actual value of pi would be a mistake. The question he asked betrays a profound ignorance of a pretty basic math concept. And he asked it dishonestly, to pretend to knowledge he never had.

10 Likes

You don’t just use whatever built-in is available? Someone went to the trouble to compute pi to the nearest ulp.

ETA: Developing a suitable play on “How I need a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics” is left as an exercise.

When available, I might use built-in values, but it’s usually more digits than I need. Rough approximations probably would do the trick for my purposes, really.

2 Likes

Chuck Norris can round the Pythagorean Theorem to 3.147, because he always knows all the angles.

6 Likes

And he made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs!

2 Likes

Pythagorean theorem is what ever Chuck Norris needs it to be.

Pierce Morgan matters less to me than the slug I accidentally just stepped on.

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679…

C’mon Piers, doesn’t everybody know “pythagoras’ theorem” to 100 decimal places?

(sorry, but my nerd loving wife bought me a pi blanket, and I’ve been itching to do just this!)

3 Likes

Pier’s Law

Now I am curious. Is there no equivalent of Math.PI in your programming environment?

Well I, for one am disappointed. I was really hoping that the target (rather than another host) would have owned him. And really that she had said something like.

"No. Nobody does, The Pythagorean theorem is not a number. It can be expressed as an equation, but it doesn’t have a value. "

4 Likes

…is an anagram of ‘Hate the ropey Morgan’

2 Likes

Someone should ask him “who’s buried in Grant’s Tomb?”

6 Likes

Just wanted to point out that the 21 year old model Hayley Hughes whom he was trying to embarass had the good sense, mental acumen, and enough self awareness to admit she didn’t know the answer to Morgan’s mess of a question. Morgan however does not seem to be in possession of such traits.

1 Like

Leaving aside the glorious self-own, imagine the lack of self-awareness combined with weapons-grade shamelessness it would take for PIERS MORGAN to bemoan the stupidity of reality shows and their contestents.

2 Likes

in the spirit of this issue I’d like to say I thought he was an ass on the Titanic as well.

The problem with fools is they don’t know they are fools.

1 Like

Heh, he’d have to round it to three and get 3.142, then take the unrounded 4th decimal digit 5 and add it to the rounded 3rd decimal digit 2…
awww fuck it, it isn’t even fun to mock the boorish idiot.