Watch post-post-post-post punk sensations The Linda Linda in their first Epitaph video, "Oh!"

Not when Patti Smith broke her neck?

Probably another “punk’s dead” moment… Or when she got married and retired? Or whenever the Stooges broke up? Or the MC5? Or after the original Louis Louis was popular? Take your pick of when someone’s personal favorite punk went “mainstream” or whatever…

3 Likes

Ooooh, the version where you can understand all the words!

2 Likes

I didn’t realize such a version existed… Also, I spelled Louie Louie wrong…

Emmy Awards Smile GIF by Emmys

4 Likes

post punk power pop?
they’re gonna be big!

Riot girl… so punk.

3 Likes

I think you misspelled grrl. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah… I recently had to think about how to spell it, since I’ve seen it in several ways (grrl, girl, or Grrrl…) I went with girl for general discussions on it… and with whatever the sources said.

2 Likes

From the Linda Lindas’ website: " The Linda Lindas channel the spirit of original punk, power pop, and new wave through today’s ears, eyes, and minds."

I guess I was somewhat close.

1 Like

I just assumed “Louis Louis” was the well articulated version. :smirk:

1 Like

Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

4 Likes

Racist Sexist Boy blasted through the LA Public Library is a must see:

Edit: Rusty had posted this.

4 Likes

Now there needs to be a band Little Lord Fauntleroy that covers that song…

1 Like

Gate keepers gonna keep gates /s

But that is a catch-22 because punk is about not doing what you are supposed to do!! You can’t tell a kid she is not punk if she is not doing what adults say she should do.

damn kids :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t wait to show this to Technical Granddaughter. It’s a perfect introduction to punk for her

1 Like

The Richard Berry and the Pharaohs version is fairly clear, although the pause in Jamaica is looong

1 Like

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.