Watch: Putin enters meeting with what looks like shaky hand and a limp

Originally published at: Watch: Putin enters meeting with what looks like shaky hand and a limp | Boing Boing

4 Likes

yeah… dubious ‘money’ is on possible thyroid, or other, cancer treatments with lots of palliative steroids (which can cause puffiness and less emotional restraint). how long to demise (how many he takes with him) remains unfortunately unclear @#$!

20 Likes

Not soon enough.

13 Likes

Oh boy, this is real irony/cliché stuff, but that’s looking like Parkinson’s to me. Isn’t that how, what’s his name…

15 Likes

I’m sure I join everyone here in wishing him all the worst in his health struggles.

29 Likes

Sure would be a shame if it turned out someone poisoned him for a change.

33 Likes

The sooner he croaks, the better.

18 Likes

Maybe too much (or suddenly too little) “potato squeezings”.

8 Likes

If I had to guess, I’d say alcohol related tremors, possible withdrawal symptoms.

While a generalization and only based on my living in the region, social alcohol use in Russia and the FSU is heavy, and being able to drink large quantities is a sign of manly virility.

Given how the war is going for Putin (consider how much Russia will need to spend to replace all those tanks!), heavy drinking is not out of the question.

Edit: @west beat me to it.

8 Likes

Reports of his ill health surfaced months ago but seemed to have dropped away. Maybe it’s gotten worse and is becoming harder to hide?

It seems a good possibility that this whole Ukraine invasion was his desperately wanting to notch a victory in his belt before he goes, to try to exit with a reputation and legacy as a strong man and a country uniter. Unfortunately for him it may have the opposite effect, leaving him with a reputation as an irrational, weak and ineffective man in his final days.

15 Likes

I’m not at all sympathetic to him. But* And that’s the kind of shaking my uncle had when his Parkinson’s was getting worse, and he was miserable.

*Using the word ‘but’ in the middle of a sentence can negate everything that came before it.

19 Likes

in the sitting video his right foot taps and his right fingers are gripping the table (strangely) but his left limbs don’t move at all

Wondering if someone got close to poisining him but not quite close enough

4 Likes

The companion to the tremors is cognitive decline, if he truly is at that stage, Putin is not all there up-stairs.

10 Likes

let’s not get too excited here. twitter had Agent Orange dropping of everything from covid to alzheimer’s and he is still out there doing his thing.

23 Likes

My Dad had Parkinson’s and like @anon33932455 and @Papasan point out that looks like PD to me as well. My dad’s cognitive ability also decline as he got sicker.

Not sure i want someone with access to nukes to not be healthy mentally…what? what’s that…Oh? we did???

23 Likes

He’s shamming so we’ll underestimate him!! Those are fake tremors, you can tell by the pixels!! IT’S ALL 13-DIMENSIONAL CHESS!!!

/s

17 Likes

Possibly more interesting is that he is unaware of the impression these videos make. Or, does he not have control over these releases ?

9 Likes

Evil is taking its toll.

The river Styx ain’t free.

8 Likes

With health problems and a war going badly, things will slip out of control.

11 Likes

I’m kinda wondering at this point if there was an attempt here. Along with the rumors of illness, there’s all that talk of added security and Putin isolating himself from most of his ministers and generals.

4 Likes