Watch Shang Chi's Simu Liu kill it on guitar

Originally published at: Watch Shang Chi's Simu Liu kill it on guitar | Boing Boing

1 Like

I mean, before Marvel found him he was also a star in the hit Canadian show Kim’s Convenience for all five seasons.

A lot of actors and comedians that Americans think came out of nowhere were busy working successfully in Canada for many years. :wink: Most stay here, but if Los Angeles backs a dump truck full of money up to your house, you don’t say no.

9 Likes

Tagging in to say that I found a lot to love in Kim’s Convenience.

2 Likes

Just rewatched Shang Chi last night. I enjoyed the movie - I think I like the Marvel movies that don’t start grounded in “OK, so you know the Avengers, right?” The movie does character building like Black Panther did so well, but at the end when it turned into the popcorn flick/fight scene, the CGI was better and there was still a story that you could follow. Enjoyable movie, but not sure why it got a lot of criticism.

2 Likes

I like Simu Liu a lot, and he’s certainly killin it with the vocals here, but the guitar playing is … ok. Well done, but “kill it on guitar” is a bit much.

Indeed. Apparently, “killing it” means “an average bit of strumming” these days.

2 Likes

Although, by this standard, I’m a freakin virtuoso, so maybe I should embrace it. (I kinda suck at guitar, tbh)

1 Like

Me too. I’m now a guitar god!

2 Likes

jesus help GIF by Kim's Convenience

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.