Watch: Stan Lee on "To Tell The Truth" game show (1970)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/19/watch-stan-lee-on-to-tell-t.html

4 Likes

Start at 14:00 minutes if you don’t care about the palm reader.

Cued…

6 Likes

Wait is Stan Lee #3 time traveling Drew Carey?

7 Likes

To Tell the Truth was a fun show, especially when Nipsey Russell was on.

7 Likes

In retrospect, all you had to do was listen to the voice when he introduced himself – it hasn’t changed a lot over the years.

6 Likes

How about Peggy (I think I got the name right?) crushing it with her questions though (even though she said she picked him because he was cute, instead of, “I picked him because my questions crushed and he was the only answer.”)? The other 2 pick were based on her questions. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

In those days, a woman couldn’t appear too intellectual or rational in her thought process. So she asked smart questions, and then she feminized her ‘reason’ for picking him.

9 Likes

Couple decades before, but my sister sent me this recently.

7 Likes

Yeah, that was horrific. And pretty much what I grew up with.

5 Likes

I kept looking at this figure trying to see where young Stan Lee could possibly be hiding.

3 Likes

And the smile.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was the voice that gave it away for me immediately when they said “I’m Stan Lee.” I’ve heard that voice far too many times in the last couple of decades to not recognize it even thirty years younger.

1 Like

“I’m a hand analyst, not a fortune teller”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.