Watch the arctic ice cap disappear in these National Geographic maps

[Read the post]

1 Like

Maps have a liberal bias.

7 Likes

But how come it’s cold where I live?

We are doomed.

2 Likes

unfortunately there are enough caviats from the NASA guy that there will be people who claim the map is in dispute

1 Like

The progression of these maps reminds me of the time one of my kids mentioned something (this was maybe 10-15 years ago now?) that made me correct her because she said Neptune was the furthest planet, not Pluto. Turns out, in the years since I had learned the planets in my youth (and I even took astrophysics in college) the elliptical orbit of Neptune had put it further from the sun than Pluto, so the kid was right.

I still think of the Arctic area as looking like the first map. I know there has been severe ice loss…I just hadn’t changed the map in my head from what I learned when I was young.

Which tells me I need to send this to the people I love who spend too much time believing Fox News.

7 Likes

of course since Pluto isn’t considered a planet anymore, it doesn’t matter what its orbit does. it is now the outermost of the 8 planets of the solar system. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks, I am now finally caught up on all that!!

1 Like

The Earth was once a molten ball of lava, so really we’re in a long-term cooling trend!

1 Like

How can they --oh, facts. nvm…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.