Watch the first trailer for the WALKING DEAD creator's new animated superhero show

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/10/watch-the-first-trailer-for-the-walking-dead-creators-new-animated-superhero-show.html

2 Likes
6 Likes

It is weird that they are going animated again because they already did a “motion comic” animated version of Invincible. However, since it was barely a step up from the marvel “cartoons” of the 60s it is no surprise that it failed and no one remembers it. I guess it kind of makes sense to go animated again since it would take a lot of cgi to make live action look decent.

I really liked the Invincible comic because it was a rare superhero comic book where things actually changed. The world at the end of Invincible is very different than it is at the start.

2 Likes

My first thought was that the cartoon couldn’t involve as much violent death as the original, but no, there was at least one eye popping in that minute.

I will be disappointed if they don’t feature Poyo and the viltrumite interstellar moustache war, though.

2 Likes

I was really disappointed at the Justice League; well, for many reasons, but mainly because they didn’t let Superman keep his moustache when he came back from the dead. He could have turned up with a full beard, and then Heat-Visioned it down to just a moustache when he flew off to Smallville. Moustaches’ add gravitas to the wearer; and it would have been far easier to add a beard to resurrected Superman, than to remove a moustache. Stupid, Hollywood.

Also, I really enjoyed the first 14 volumes of the trade paperbacks of Invincible; a big part of my enjoyment was down to the artwork and the side characters. I really should get around to getting the rest of the issues.

2 Likes

Is it just me, or where those “Easter Eggs” just utterly obvious?

2 Likes

I believe that was the joke?

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, I’ve just got a very low estimation of the interweebz.

1 Like

really taken out of the story right away by the various orbital-mechanics problems with the baseball :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.