Watch the incredible sales video for Rockwell Automation's Retroencabulator

Speaking of jargon maybe this would be an appropriate place to complain (respectfully) that the awesome jargon generation on this page has gone silent, only the pictures show up. I loved this, it only gets more relevant with time, and I miss being able to go back for a chuckle or to show friends. (@beschizza)

1 Like

My ears peaked up when when I heard about the ‘phologiston pumping mechanism’ which was quite common in my engineering days, often a quick fix for standing waves in a closed fluid system.

“unobtanium” was not a consideration in the early 70’s and I’m finding it hard to source any peer reviewed literature that would suggest it had any value other than speculative.

Apologies for being harsh around a truly novel thesis but the trials that we had using ‘obtainium’ gave very compelling results that were the backbone for our further developments in this area.

Sometimes it is best to go with the science that you have at hand.

1 Like

I was totally buying it until he misused “comprise.”

1 Like

Sadly broken by a recent template update. I’ll restore those (and all the other old generators) asap.

2 Likes

Now days it’s no big deal to 3D print your own.

1 Like

Well the guy who wrote that text and first filmed it was the inventor of the ear prompter, so I suppose it makes sense that people in the technical video industry would use it for training and fun.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.