Watch the incredibly close back-and-forth race for the finish in the Women's 2022 Boston Marathon

Originally published at: Watch the incredibly close back-and-forth race for the finish in the Women's 2022 Boston Marathon | Boing Boing

2 Likes

That was very exciting, good on both of them and congrats to Kenya’s Peres Jepchirchir.

4 Likes

Both awesome competitors. Congrats.

4 Likes

It’s funny how slow world-class marathoners look when in actuality, they’re burning up the pavement pretty damn fast. Their ease of stride is deceptive.

3 Likes

Humans are very good at running. Those are two of the best humans on earth at running. Sooooo awesome.

I wish I could have been passed by those two and seen such prowess in person!

1 Like

2:20 is ~4:30 minute/mile pace. I go to the gym 5-6x a week and the fact is there is no distance longer than 1/4 mile that I could run anything close to that. Humans are pretty freaking amazing.

2:20 is just under 5:30 pace, still insanely fast. No one’s done 26x4:30 yet but the world record is about 4:42 now. Insanely fast for one mile let alone doing 25 more of them back to back to back to back…

1 Like

Oops. Thanks. Tried to the math in my head and I had just left the gym. I can barely count to three while working under a heavy load.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.