Watch: The magic of a Sisyphus Table

Originally published at: Watch: The magic of a Sisyphus Table | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Neat. The Van Gogh impression comes more from color choice than the resulting picture, I guess.

1 Like

Neat! I recently found a discarded spin art toy that I did something similar with.

Fun fact: throwing basically any colored liquid into a spin art machine is exactly as fun as you’d think it is.

2 Likes

what is r/oddlyDISsatisfying is the way the bottom of that Sisyphus table is cropped from the shot.

3 Likes

The final image reminds me of some works by Luigi Serafini

2 Likes

From a recent visit to Imagine Van Gogh

3 Likes

Sure. I see the point. But that’s a blown-up zoom into a not-that-giant detail of the well-known painting.

Yeah, it’s the “remind you of” aspect. Not much is exactly the same, but the colour, impasto, circularity etc all add up to a strong “That looks like…”.

Also, I jumped at the chance to say I saw this show. As I hadn’t been out to anything for 14 months, it was jaw-dropping. A lot of his work I hadn’t seen before. Even the usual drudgery of reading at museums was interesting as a diversion while lining up to enter. We stayed for two cycles of the show. The music was well-paired. Recommend if you can justify the ticket price.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.