Watch: The sights and sounds of a red-hot iron ingot sinking through a block of ice

Originally published at: Watch: The sights and sounds of a red-hot iron ingot sinking through a block of ice | Boing Boing

4 Likes

the concrete block was maybe too much? that ice never had a chance.

6 Likes

Description says copper, but the headline says iron. and while it is hot, it does not appear hot enough to be glowing in the visible spectrum, so not “red-hot.”

13 Likes

Mëtal!!!

5 Likes

How much energy was expended to make this video?

2 Likes

Pretty elaborate way to go ice fishing.

3 Likes

Slightly awed by people with access to large chunks of really hot and really cold things.

4 Likes

The first ten seconds (or so) of audio are going to be repurposed for nefarious / horrifying fart videos, is all I’m saying.

1 Like

Ice fishing is less a fishing activity and more a screwing around while drinking activity.

3 Likes

This is the kind of quality content I’ve come to expect from /u/11angryCamelDicks.

A song of fire and ice.

3 Likes

I totally forgot!!! My brother and I (as youngsters, of course) used to do this with a fork and an ice cube. We’d heat the fork over the gas range. Pretty much the same sound, but much higher pitched.

3 Likes

Or, as blacksmiths put it, how to melt the slack tub when you forgot to plug in the heater in the winter.

That touches on the comment below. (Power, my friend.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.