Watch the trailer and a clip from David Byrne's 'American Utopia'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/07/watch-the-trailer-and-a-clip-f.html

4 Likes

I saw this show when it was touring a couple years back. I had my appendix out the day before and was very determined to still see it. I’m so glad I did! Byrne isn’t just a musician, he’s a performer that puts on a very carefully planned out and rehearsed production.

4 Likes

I also saw it a couple of years ago and it was an amazing performance. I’m really looking forward to watching the Spike Lee production.

1 Like

They were supposed to be performing live in NYC this fall. Back in Feb/March I almost bought tickets to a show in October before everything went to hell.

i’m kind of over this whole fantasy that america can be redeemed, but if david byrne led me in the pledge of allegiance, i might just mouth the words.

I can’t remember if this show made it to the U.K., but if it did, I couldn’t get to it. I did, however, get to see David play London with St Vincent, doing something very similar, no amps, all the musicians moving around the stage in complex choreography, including David when he wasn’t actually singing, and it was mesmerising, one of the most amazing shows I’ve seen, (although nothing could beat Kate Bush in 2014!) :grin:

1 Like

Yes it made it to the uk twice.
A uk tour, and a european tour
About a year ago it was in glasgow.

Quite mad. But in a good way.:four_leaf_clover:

Yup, I was lucky enough to see it in Hammersmith in June 2018, then again in October 2018 in Brighton. Have to say, it outranked Stop Making Sense for me - just an amazing performance by him and the band.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.