Watch the trailer for Oxygen, about an amnesiac who awakens in a locked cryogenic capsule

Originally published at: Watch the trailer for Oxygen, about an amnesiac who awakens in a locked cryogenic capsule | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That’s a nope.

6 Likes

trunk pull to exit

Done, now where’s the kitchen?

1 Like

uhm, not just a no but a HELL NO. shudders.

3 Likes

Sounds like the beginning of an Infocom adventure.

11 Likes

Seems like someone nefarious needs something from the protagonist, and is subjecting her to torture. I hope it’s more substantive than that, though, because that would be kinda boring.

Relax everyone, it’s purely consensual, she will be let out before she runs out of air. It’s not their fault she forgot her safeword.

2 Likes

This is a lot like

A tough, tough film to watch (but “good” in its own way). I can only imagine Oxygen is the same.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Is it me or does it suddenly feel smaller in here?

I just had a flashback to that early 90s film called The Vanishing (?) with Jeff Bridges and Kiefer Southerland because [redacted]

3 Likes

My guess: She’s a pioneer in the field of Cryogenics. But there’s a catch: Everyone always wakes up with full amnesia. She posits that to fully reconstruct memories, one must be truly motivated. So, as a true scientist would, she submits herself to an experiment (hence all the callouts to rats in a maze) that will properly motivate the subject to work through their amnesia. It’s an elaborate ruse, similar to The Game, in which she signed herself up for the experiment.

In the end, she has an epiphany and rebuilds her consciousness in the nick of time. She exits, never having been truly in danger, and having proved that all one needs for successful cryogenic memory reconstruction is to terrify the living snot out of the subject. :+1:

5 Likes

In the end, she meets Corporal Joe Bauers and they save the country from starvation?

1 Like

this is such a storytelling cliche, and also totally not how amnesia works

anybody so impaired that they don’t know who they are will not be solving any other problems either

2 Likes

And to her utter surprise, the keyword is embroidered large on her SeanJean sleep shorts in subtle color. Plus her dome is set in food wrap, and there are little cans of ‘other fresh breath’ to check out, so…

2 Likes

Don’t wait too long though, or you might get…

1 Like

Sleepjortz man, sleepjortz.

2 Likes

That was almost a perfect trailer. Just needed to end after 2 mins.

All I want from a trailer is the pitch, stop spoiling any mystery.

I hear that the original is better. Haven’t seen the remake, but spoorloos is disturbing.

No. Nonononononononono!
Pretty much my worst nightmare. The author Alan Garner wrote a children’s book called ‘The Wierdstone Of Brisingamen’ which uses old myths and legends about dwarves, elves and other people of faerie, and one section has two children having to pass through ancient tunnels deep beneath Alderly Edge in Cheshire, and just thinking about it as I write is difficult enough, there is no way I could be persuaded to go see that film!

2 Likes