Watch the wonderful Adventure Time "pilot" short from 2007

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/22/watch-the-wonderful-adventure.html

5 Likes

I love this show so much.

algebraic

8 Likes

aaaaaaaaaand gone

7 Likes

Not all of them

(for now)

10 Likes

Mathematical!

3 Likes

This still would have been one of my favorite cartoons even if they never picked it up for 10 seasons.

2 Likes

Our local anarchist group used to post stickers with the slogan ‘MUTUAL AID’ and a picture of Finn and Jake. Having never watched the cartoon, I’m unsure why. Can anyone elucidate?

1 Like

Finn and Jake are heroes who always seek to help others even sometimes are personal costs. They often act in self-less ways in order to improve their community in Ooo (where they live). There is no real government in Ooo (unless you count the various kingdoms, which function in weird ways and authority is constantly being flouted by the people who live in the kingdoms), but rather spontaneously formed communities in which individuals decide to help one another because it helps everyone involved.

[ETA] It probably helps to know that at the beginning of the series, Jake believes he’s the last human in Ooo, and that it’s set 1000 years in a post-apocalyptic future.

7 Likes

Damn those unwashed commie hippies trying to brainwash our kids!

4 Likes

I haven’t watched it since I was a kid grad school. They make any new episodes past few years?

(Yes Finn, I could duck it, but I want to make conversation!)

jake-coffee-spit

2 Likes

Ha! Their little dance at 0:38 reminds me of this talented little girl :

1 Like

It’s amazing going back to watch this (and yes, I fell in love with this goofy short before it got picked up as a series) to see all of the elements in place, down to the Ice King’s drumkit. It was a brilliant series that expanded its universe in amazing ways.

The last episode was aired last September (season 10!) and it was worthwhile all the way through to the end.

if hollywood can extend and re-make every show to death, then they need to give us a few more seasons of Adventure Time, how about a “Fionna and Cake” spinoff?

did they try throwing a disgusting amount of money at him?

Den här videon innehåller material från Turner EMEA Kids, som har blockerat den i ditt land av upphovsrättsliga skäl

Its so sad its over…

Very odd to watch this. It’s like a fan art version of the show.

Adventure Time turned into an incubator for animation talent. Folks who worked on it went on to do Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, and Summer Camp Island.

3 Likes

over-garden-wall-greg-rock-fact

2 Likes

I had to VPN through Australia to get a look, but WORTH IT!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.