Watch these glassblowing experts make enormous glass cocoons

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/17/watch-these-glassblowing-exper.html

3 Likes

Glassblowing.

I’ll bet they never even considered glassinhaling.

5 Likes

An essential part in my artistic effort is to be suggestive without being determined. I am interested in how I relate to things, and how they relate to me.

Which to me is just a fancy, artistic, convoluted way of saying “I thought it would be cool! So I did it!”

5 Likes

bit like throwing porcelain
…( the bbc have completed a second year series on ‘the great pottery throw down’)

This museum is not far from my daughter’s college and every time we pass by the exit she is begging me to go with her. I’m going to have to plan a trip there with her next year.

3 Likes

Throwing porcelain is like throwing with cream cheese; very little wall strength to speak of, because the particles are so fine.

2 Likes

The Corning Museum is worth it for the demonstrations and the hands-on stuff. Great trip if you pass through the area.

1 Like

As a semi-professional artist, let me tell you straight up: Everyone gets very disappointed if you say “I just thought it would be cool.” People really do want to hear the fancy artist talk, and we’re all conditioned into using it.

2 Likes

Thought that said “condoms” for a second.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey @AndreaJames, the artist’s last name, second letter is an “L”, not an “i”, according to the YT page:

Mlasowsky

Thanks! Fixed the wrong ones, kept the right one!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.