Watch these hard-rocking hijabis crush a track

Originally published at: Watch these hard-rocking hijabis crush a track | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“I wanna sing a song to show my soul”

Nice line, and the shred is with them.

11 Likes

I highly recommend the show We Are Lady Parts; a quick six episode sitcom about a female Muslim punk band.

10 Likes

Just the name alone “The Hijabis”…great name for a band!

3 Likes

The face covers worn in the first part of the video are interesting, because I couldn’t figure out if they were being worn because of covid, for religious sensibility reasons (not necessarily their own), or as a rock-n-roll conceit. Which is pretty cool.

4 Likes

Came here to say exactly the same thing. One of my favourite shows of the year!

3 Likes

I’m not musically literate; but I liked the inclusion of a bit of slap bass and some reggae in the composition. It is great to see some new (to me) imagery and hear lyrics from a different cultural point of view.

3 Likes

Related viewing…

3 Likes

You had me at shredding, ladies, but at 1:30 in, I’m searching for a t-shirt so I can support you.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for the reminder, I forgot all about that one and it looked awesome.

1 Like

Moi8Rpr

I do need to get around to watching that at some point…

6 Likes

Just going to say “If your god hates music He’s a Dick.” (or very possibly, you’re the dick, and are making things up to try to exert a degree of social control over others).

1 Like

Just have to point at this (on topic) band:

in case anyone is into the heavier punk sounds

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.