Watch this compilation of face-offs between unbelievably stupid sovereign citizens and police

I’m not sure all of these were SovCits.
The third one in particular seemed more of a drug mule that knew he was caught and started bullshitting because why not?

Lord, give me the confidence of a white male sovereign citizen who thinks the laws don’t apply to him.

2 Likes

Are you sure you want that?

4 Likes

Lord, also grant me the wisdom as to when to use that confidence.

4 Likes

Sovereign Citizenship seems guaranteed to fail every single time.

There is the perception of winning. Having gone down the YouTube SovCit rabbit hole before, there are stories of SovCits “winning” in court. However, the cases were dismissed, usually for something as simple as the officer being so distracted by this nonsense that the citation was never signed. Using SovCit logic, they’re right and the judge agreed.

5 Likes

I’m not sure your requests are compatible.

6 Likes

Oh sure they are. There are many confident people who use their powers for “good” and aren’t raging assholes about it. Like theater kids.

One time I, uh, mustered up the confidence to go through this side door I saw people going in and out of before a show so I could watch KMFDM warm up/practice.

1 Like

I saw what I assume was a SovCit homemade license plate recently.

IMG_5331

6 Likes

… they’re not anarchists — they believe in due process and an imaginary perfect government in their head, but they don’t believe in the real one, which is run by the Lizard People :crazy_face:

7 Likes

They believe that if they recite the right magical incantations they will enjoy due process of law under their imaginary version of “common law”.

4 Likes

I wonder what the number is supposed to signify, since the rest is entirely made up.

6 Likes

The main people that it works for are the ones selling the courses and materials for it.

3 Likes

Anyone can play. (Results may vary. Ask your police officer if SC is right for you.)

5 Likes

Perhaps they just think that a plate with a number will be less likely to get them pulled over than an overt SovCit plate.

2 Likes

“I only believe in the authority of the state insomuch as I get to enjoy all the rights and none of the responsibilities.”

2 Likes

Anyone can play but the origins lie in white supremacy.

4 Likes

“The Law” in the United States is legitimately really complex. I’m in my last semester of law school, and all that really means is that I’m more aware of that complexity and how little I really understand the law. Even lawyers who have practiced for years typically only understand one corner of the law really well, and everything else is nearly as much a mystery to them as it is to a non-lawyer. So it’s like the saying that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. To some people, the law seems so indecipherable that it is indistinguishable from magic. And so they come to believe that if they just say the right words in the right order at the right time, the law will then do what they want it to, much like casting a spell. The closest thing to actual magic words in US law is “I want a lawyer.”

4 Likes

Sure, I get that. I’m more wondering why they don’t get discouraged and rethink the whole thing when it turns out the only spell they can successfully cast is “teleport to jail”.

3 Likes

“Sovereign Citizens as Challenging Litigants” =SCtrans=> “Judges are worried about being challenged!”

2 Likes

Ironically, because they remain convinced that they understand this magic better than the judges, and that the judges are part of the corporate government conspiracy.

2 Likes