Laugh at sovereign citizen antics in court

Originally published at: Laugh at sovereign citizens antics in court | Boing Boing

8 Likes

“SOVEREIGN” CITIZENS

Angry Joe Biden GIF by Election 2016

22 Likes

You may not see a lawyer representing these clowns, but John Frum, esq. is always present and informing their discourse on the law.

13 Likes

Still impressed how robust and accurate the republican party is as a filter function to return the set of dangerous racist misogynistic idiots who lamentably live among us. It’s almost a waste not to make a Golgafrinchan use of it for that purpose.

11 Likes
6 Likes

Here’s an idea: Find an uninhabited island in the middle of the Pacific and let these goofs live there. That way they can be as “free” as they want.

8 Likes

“Sovereign Citizenship” is the white privilege demented step child of Libertarianism.

28 Likes

tv land yep GIF by YoungerTV

11 Likes

The big problem is that it’s the same “joke” over and over, and it’s not even a funny joke, or one of those Steve Martin/Andy Kaufman anti-jokes. It’s more akin to “America’s Stupidest Criminals” but (again) the same stupid crime over and over.

12 Likes

Old reply for an old problem:

26 Likes

We’re gonna need a bigger island.

10 Likes
1 Like

Abandoned oil platform

8 Likes

Not having rules is… bogus.
~ sean penn phoebe cates movies* jennifer jason leigh fast* fast times at ridgemont high 250 1982 trending dude wheres my car GIF

13 Likes

I know it would be unconstitutional to do this, but it’s fun to fantasize about this. If they state for the record in a court of law before a judge that they’re not citizens of the United States of America, hand them over to Immigration and let them wend their way through the bureaucracy until or unless they can prove they are citizens.

I would imagine the backlog would mean they’d be in custody for a good long while.

27 Likes

Sorry Fantasy GIF by Scary Mommy

21 Likes

I think there should be a law that if you use the “sovereign citizen defense” and convicted, you must serve double the sentence. Just as a punishment for wasting the court’s time and patience.

7 Likes

Here we go. There’s even a big concrete dome for them to play with.

9 Likes
11 Likes

george costanza comedy GIF
Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

(Informative link, thanks)

10 Likes