Watch this dazzling fire at a fireworks store

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/05/watch-this-dazzling-fire-at-a.html

1 Like

What’s with those people just driving by, like “Oh well there’s another one, better pickup the soda and hot dogs before it gets late”

11 Likes

giphy|nullxnull

21 Likes
8 Likes

Oooooooo! Ahhhhhhh!

5 Likes

Seems like the best way to advertise a store that sells fireworks.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Hmm. When a fireworks store advertises a “fire sale” I’ll now know to stay away.

7 Likes

10 Likes

I remember that one! #MAD

6 Likes

Yessir, it blowed up real good.

3 Likes

Seriously. Who just keeps on driving?!

3 Likes

There’s a heavily trafficked highway not very far from the Pentagon in northern Virginia … (it’s further away now) … but I always wonder what the people who were driving on that stretch of road thought when the plane crashed into the side of it. Granted, it was on the side opposite the highway, but I remember seeing the mushroom cloud from the explosion rising as I was driving across the Key Bridge on 9/11, listening to the news about what was happening up in New York, and I had a total “oh shit” moment, and I was 3 or 4 miles away. I can’t imagine what it felt like to be closer.

2 Likes

“And the rocket’s red glaaaarrrrreeee!”

“Damn it, not now, Davey!”

'Merica!

1 Like

Surely just an odd coincidence this happened on July 4th, right??

1 Like

appears it worked fairly well:

2 Likes

What’s up with the dancing light in the top right of the image? Is it part of the exploding fireworks? Or is it a reflection caused by someone filming a screen or something?

2 Likes

That one’s obligatory, along with “How do we know which one’s the Komodo 3000”?

2 Likes

That reminded me of one particular Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show episode when Johnny asked the show’s substitute band leader Tommy Newson (known for being incredibly low-keyed) what he did on the 4th of July. Tommy: “I dropped my pants and fired a rocket.”

3 Likes