Watch this great close-up of a spider that stands on a human finger before kiting away

Originally published at: Watch this great close-up of a spider that stands on a human finger before kiting away | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Anyone remember the scene from Charlotte’s Web where her offspring fly off like that on the spring breeze? sniff

14 Likes

Spider, Herman the Office Spider, Web Assistant

16 Likes

Enya and spiders is a pairing that I’ve never really considered till now.

4 Likes

If you play these at the same time, somehow, somewhere, a spider lifts off the ground.

4 Likes

I! (squirt) am! (squirt) outta! (squirt) here! (squirt).

I had always thought they were making a balloon to catch the wind and gaining lift by capturing the breeze like a parachute - but the silk strand actually gains lift by using Earth’s electricity. It won’t let me include a link… but look at PBS spiders electricity and you’ll see the article!

7 Likes
6 Likes

my recurring fantasy is that one day we will learn how the spiders do it, and we will fly the same way-- at the least send around drones without spinning propellers.

1 Like

I love spiders more than flies and mosquitoes…:spider_web:

2 Likes

Spiders are at the top of a food chain that I don’t want to know anything about.

Unless they’re in my face, or running across my screen, I pretend that I don’t see them.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.