Spiders seem to dream, scientists discover

Originally published at: Spiders seem to dream, scientists discover | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Can you imagine their nightmares? :spider: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

16 Likes

Maybe involve being swallowed by giant (to them) humans?

6 Likes

I’m imagining them fighting with other spiders or being eaten by a giant praying mantis…

6 Likes

But with four times the “E”…

15 Likes

No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream.

6 Likes

Great. More terrifying is he is dreaming of getting indoors where I am.

9 Likes

Perhaps their nightmares include hissing cans of Raid and images of shoe soles growing increasingly larger coming toward them.

4 Likes

“I’m late for work and I can’t find my fancy hat!”
4b370d74c002b6fccb80b89658c45905--jumping-spider-fancy-hats-1512160254

19 Likes

I bet they dream their fangs are falling out.

9 Likes

Looks like a Daddy Long Legs. We used to wake up to those at Boy Scout summer camp. There would be a few of them stuck to our tent walls, immobile. For me, the thought of them sneaking in under our tent flaps while we were asleep was scarier than seeing them in the morning. Don’t ask me why.

3 Likes

I’m in the UK and I don’t remember ever seeing one of those “spindly bony legs on a fanged skull” spiders before :grimacing:

3 Likes

They’re not really spiders; ‘wrong’ morphology. Closer to scorpions… but totally harmless. I have no idea of their range. Maybe none in the UK?

3 Likes

i suspect they dream of hunting, but maybe they are like us and dream of flying or falling.

2 Likes

Spiderdreams?

4 Likes
14 Likes

from

17 Likes

“Spider Necromancers”

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure “Spider Necromancers” was the last square on my Terrible Twenties card.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

7 Likes

I hope the spiders have nightmares about ME.

It’ll make a fuckin’ change.

5 Likes