How many spiders do you eat in your sleep per year?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/05/how-many-spiders-do-you-eat-in-your-sleep-per-year.html

4 Likes

All of them.

9 Likes

In my sleep?

14 Likes

this is why when i sleep on my back, i pull the sheet over my mouth. i’ve long had this completely irrational fear of a spider walking over me on the ceiling, accidentally tripping, and falling into my mouth. lol

(i said it was irrational!)

9 Likes

I knew snoring would come in handy one day!

8 Likes

Wasn’t this a made up story, by a scientist who wanted to show how easily such stories weave their way through social media? I remember even reading it in a book of a renowned popular biologist. So much for fact checking.

5 Likes

Why can’t I include the ones I eat when I’m awake?

11 Likes

I was thinking the same. Wife and kids have an aversion to spiders, and an aversion to my snoring.

Ha, ha, ha! Pick one! Either eat spiders in your sleep or wear the foam ear-plugs. Your call.

6 Likes

Me: “Where are all these extra calories coming from?”
Wife: “Sleep spiders.”

14 Likes

Georg?

3 Likes

Well one for every time I swallow a fly, of course.

15 Likes

Around Seattle, particularly those of us who have passed through the University of Washington digestive system, refer to Rod Crawford as “The True Spiderman”. This guy knows our eight-legged buddies like no other.

4 Likes

Don’t eat meeeeeeee!

12 Likes

I always thought that a Jawas in Star Wars shouted, “Oooh-teenie!”, but now I think it must have been, “Don’t eat me!”

6 Likes

Not this one, though.

6 Likes

Obligs:

As best as I can tell, I was transported here from Earth Prime sometime in the late 1990s. Your universe is identical in every way, except for the lobster thing and the thing where some of you occasionally change your clocks for some reason.

10 Likes

Nicholas Cage chewing the scenery…

Nicholas Cage

5 Likes

people do occasionally eat spiders here, just not boring white americans

4 Likes

How many spiders do you eat in your sleep per year?

Betteridge’s Law of Headlines holds—the answer being, of course, “NOOOOOOOOO!!!

7 Likes

I know, to the point that tarantulas are becoming scarce in Cambodia.

But to be fair, it’s not recommended to eat boring white Americans because of possible contaminants.

4 Likes