These sneaky spiders wait inside tiny towers to attack their prey

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/15/these-sneaky-spiders-wait-insi.html

5 Likes

Fascinating little creatures, off to lunch now!

9 Likes

I am eating a moth right now!

15 Likes

AHA! That’s the spider I saw at my place in the Oregon Coast Range. I’d been raking a trail, and saw a big black spider with a glossy carapace and thick, muscular legs. I must have raked up it’s tower.

7 Likes

Wow, that music was just too dark.

1 Like

Great idea for a D&D monster. Much larger, of course.

6 Likes

… Sneaky indeed!

3 Likes

1 Like

You know who needs these guys? Minecraft, where the spiders are bigger than the player! Surprise!

2 Likes

“Rapunzel? Let down your…
Aaaaaaggghhh!!!

10 Likes

Alternately, use a normal-sized spider, and shrink the players.

You know, like “The Adventures of Paul on the Floor” meets “The Incredible Shrinking Man” – with swords and fireballs.

7 Likes

I was thinking that too, actually, after I posted. I’ve done things like that before, and they can be great fun. I had a fairy ring of mushrooms that shrunk them when they stepped inside. All they had to do to return to normal was to exit the ring, but it was now quite a hike to get out…

4 Likes

Tooth snuggles!!

6 Likes

It’s like a tiny pouncing kitty cat.

4 Likes

Ok, let’s leave them to their spider holes. They can have them.

1 Like

So…the dwarven kingdoms of the spider realm. Got it.

2 Likes

This is perfect as I first read that headline as them waiting in tiny towels.

2 Likes

I really appreciate the beauty of some spiders and their role in the environment. I have to confess though that my very favorite kind of spider is a dead one. All gods wonderful little creatures and all that but those bastards creep me out. Is that rational? Nope and I live that bit of irrationality quite comfortably. Fuckin 8 legged freaks

1 Like

Master of tediousness. Victor of stealth.