Watch this guy put things back together

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/24/watch-this-guy-put-things-back.html

2 Likes

By this guy you meant James May cohost of the most watched car show in TV history right?

15 Likes

Came here to make this point. Welcome to BoingBoing!

6 Likes

Correct. He’s the only reason that show was tolerable at all.

@frauenfelder Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea this existed!

5 Likes

I do have plenty of time for James May and apart from this show i’d also check out his Cars of the People series which looks at how certain cars shaped history and is surprisingly interesting. Also his Toy Stories series where he geeks out over classic toys.

5 Likes

Am I hallucinating or is that Morro Bay in the header image?

Indeed! Pretty much everything James May does on TV, outside of Top Gear (and some of his solo segments on that in BBC days were ok) is well worth watching. His Lego house (an episode of Toy Stories) was one of the best.

5 Likes

If you’re in a dark room with a tea cosy, eventually you’ll put the tea cosy on your head. Why wouldn’t you?

2 Likes

8:35, the torque setting is about a “medium grunt”. :grin:

3 Likes

If you go to YT drivetribe, you can see more of him. I do like:

• Mail Time (several episodes)
    YT /c/Drivetribe/search?query=mail+time)

• Unpimp my ride
    YT /c/Drivetribe/search?query=unpimp)

(or just search for these terms in the drivetribe channel)

Short and great to watch!

1 Like

Yep and then there are the other two:

5 Likes

I highly recommend the Oz and James series of series, lots of good drinkin there, and James May: Our Man in Japan

3 Likes

Is it me, or should this be in the Unicorn Chaser thread?

1 Like

And there’s also James May’s Man Lab on Prime. The premise is a bit dodgy, but the features are fascinating and often hilarious. It’s obvious who was the real talent on TG

4 Likes

I assume you do not appreciate

POWAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stewart Lee is my all time favourite stand up.

1 Like

“Hey Bim! Guess what!”

2 Likes

ROFL, that was awesome.

4 Likes

Me too.

When I need a bit of perspective on the world he is the one I go to. It may come across as heavy snark but I believe it’s done with the best of hearts.

1 Like

Captain Slow, just the sort of bloke you’d want to chat to over a few beers, he’s just endlessly fascinated by things that involve engineering. His Toy Story episode where he and a bunch of Air Cadets built a replica of the original Airfix 1:72 scale Supermarine Spitfire only to the same scale as the original plane was fantastic. Turned out so well it ended up in a museum itself!
Loved his Man Lab series as well.
Chapeau, Mr May.

2 Likes