Watch this hilarious dismantling of Jordan Peterson's philosophical woo

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

All that advice from Jordaddy to his sub-par disciples about “shoulders back” and the “climbing the dominance hierarchy” doesn’t serve them very well when they try to “devastate” a well-moderated on-line community that contains a higher-than-average number of educated people with highly attuned BS detectors.

Fortunately for these “geniuses”, places like the YouTube comments section, 4chan, Breitbart, Facebook, the various BBSs of the alt-right (esp. the “manosphere” ones), and of course ones catering to religious fundies will always provide them with an audience of credulous dimwits who’ll confirm their “brilliance.” Even now, I’m sure one of these champions of Jordaddy is running to whinge about how the mean ol’ leftists “censored” him.

I don’t usually use emoticons, but … :joy:

15 Likes

The atheist extremist should be saying, ‘Hey, let’s go vilify religion on YouTube!’

Inman gave his mob a free pass there, when it wouldn’t have cost much to be accurate.

As an agnostic fundamentalist, I submit that my (virtually invisible) brand of fundamentalism is the only tolerable one. All I’m saying is that making like unprovable stuff is somehow factual because you wish it hard enough is bullshit. And that includes all the Dawkins fans.

2 Likes

PS, I reserve the right to shit on religion, but I include atheists among the religious.

1 Like

18 consecutive days.

In internet time, that is an extraordinarily huge amount of time to give someone ‘the benefit of the doubt.’

If a person can’t have even one non-confrontational, non-condescending conversation with anyone in the vast established community in that entire time, to me that shows the true nature of their intent here.

Hint:

If you can’t make a single solid argument without insulting anyone, or relying on logical fallacies and girnormous walls of copypasta over the course of two weeks, in four different threads… then maybe “debate” really just isn’t ‘your thing.’

The inevitable whining about the site being “unfair” to more conservative or even unpopular opinions is some delusional bullshit that fail-trollies will tell themselves in order to ease their obvious sense of inner-discontent…

Because as our gracious, but recently overburdened mods have shown over the course of the last fortnight, they are fairly tolerant of dissenting ideas from other belief systems, almost to a fuckin’ fault… as long as basic respect is maintained and folks actually abide by the terms that they agreed to, by joining the site.

14 Likes

Your position is still not fully clear to me though, since the existing law already banned discrimination based on race that would surely cover, for example, a boss addressing his employee of a different race with a racial slur.

So this existing law already dictated the way you are allowed to speak.

So currently I’m thinking you draw the line at being prescribed to use a certain set of words as opposed to having a certain set of words be declared forbidden. So when you say this is “compelled speech” you think this is worse then what came before because then it was only “compelled self censorship” or “compelled silence”.

If that is your stance then I can nearly understand why you couldn’t get that across, since that is a very subtle line to draw in the sand.

If that also isn’t the case, and I’ve once again misunderstood you, then all I can still imagine is that pronouns are somehow special to you.

But of course we all know it’s neither of these things, and never was. This is just a convenient fiction you are using so you don’t have to come out and say that you don’t believe transgender people. That you are fundamentally refusing to treat them with a normal level of respect because you think they are making it all up.

You lack the basic empathy to understand the glaringly obvious fact that no-one would put themselves through that level of abuse and discrimination for something that isn’t real.

19 Likes

I am of the “No harm, no foul” school of atheism.

I could not care less what someone believes when it comes to religion. If it works for them, and doesn’t harm themselves or others, fine. I will even fight for your right to believe it, no matter how silly I may consider it.

But if you are trying to use your religion as an excuse to act like a dick, I reserve the right to smack you upside the head.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Exactly this.

It is worth remembering that transgender people are a contradiction and violation of Jordan Peterson’s gospel of bio-essesentialism and traditional gender roles. It’s no coincidence that he and his acolytes are so invested in “free speech” with respect to pro-nouns.

14 Likes

“Transgender” not “transgendered” if you please.

Just like not blacked, lesbianed, or Roma’ed.

4 Likes

Damn fingers, thanks for pointing that out.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.