Watch this hilarious dismantling of Jordan Peterson's philosophical woo

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/05/watch-this-hilarious-dismantli.html

15 Likes

28 Likes

@AndreaJames ZOMG!!!111eleventy-one!!! WHERE has this woman been hiding from my radar! Thank you for the intro… sorry to go, but I’ve a YouTube channel to binge-watch now.

13 Likes

Seriously though, yo:

We’ve already had this conversation several times over; there’s nothing new or interesting to discuss here.

Going back to this empty well yet again is pretty much equivalent to posting flame bait at this point.

21 Likes

tumblr_p9tycbtAGT1qbqtleo1_400

18 Likes

Somehow she slipped past my radar, so I am genuinely happy for the introduction. :wink:

15 Likes

Ditto. So much for getting anything “productive” done today. Not that I was off to a great start anyhow. I just finished watching her first video about “What’s wrong with Capitalism” and really enjoyed it.

13 Likes

Oh Contrapoints is great; right up there with DarkMatter2525.

14 Likes

Speaking of which, someone will be along momentarily to “win” the thread in defense of Jordaddy using a vast arsenal of (why waste keystrokes):

Nothing new, indeed. Any of Peterson’s arguments beyond his trite and obvious 12 Rules (profound only to the immature and callow) have already been debunked and discredited around here for weeks now.

17 Likes

I am getting a psychic feeling again.

A Peterson apologist will soon appear wielding fallacious arguments…

…and will hand wave away devastating criticism.

12 Likes

It’s nice to see a reactionary taken down, but I do not YouTube enough to know who this gentleman is.

1 Like

I came across ContraPoints a few months back when she did spot on the Michael Brooks show. Binged all her YouTube vids the next day.

4 Likes

16 Likes

You know it.

https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/optimized/4X/b/6/b/b6bd02366e1237ac0dd549ed39dc85cf3ded6cd4_1_398x500.jpg

Prepare yourself for a plethora of incoherent copypasta riddled with such well worn phrases like:

my flawless knockout of an out of context fumbling against Peterson

I’m sure I missed more than a few in all that self-aggrandizing avalanche of delusions of grandeur and condescending virtue signaling, but we can rest assured that the most devoted of all fangirls will be along shortly to fill in any gaps.

21 Likes

what any if that had to do with JP wasn’t clear, but bravo on the clickbait

2 Likes

I just wish more people would sit back and enjoy how ridiculous his act is instead of wasting time responding to him. Rest assured, folks, no-one here with the slightest amount of education and critical thinking skills (still more than he has) takes him seriously.

14 Likes

In honor of lobsters everywhere, I feel your pain. You guys never asked to be used as examples by Nazi morons. Your lives should not be burdened with this garbage from the usual chores of eating, making little lobsters, and becoming the best half of a surf and turf.

Ebirah

11 Likes

It’s a video, so you have to watch it. She certainly does a good job pointing out that the bogeyman Jordaddy claims is keeping people (read white-presenting cisgender males) down, “postmodern neoMarxists”, is a nonsense term for people who understand its component parts. She also points out the uncomfortable fact (for Jordaddy and his followers) that both Marxism and postmodernism are as much products of Western thought as any of the traditional philosophies Peterson likes.

17 Likes

The sheer amount of massive egomania alone outweighs any valid points such a person may have on any given topic.

Like:

Well, no; no one has to, it’s still totally optional.

But having seen the vid the first time it was posted… personally, I found it not only informative, but highly entertaining.

13 Likes

I enjoyed this video. My initial impression of Peterson’s shtick was that he was regurgitating old self-help books and grafting that onto a broad dismissal of everything on the left as part of some grand conspiracy. This video basically backs that up with some examples (and corny humor), so . . . good.

I have a friend who is proudly feminist, who hates Peterson, but she also thinks SJW’s can be puritanical and no fun. The ‘left’ is not some homogeneous monolith, and neither is the “Western Tradition” Peterson thinks he is defending.

“There is no feature of SJW ideology that is meaningfully non ‘western’; the very idea of people requesting different pronouns to suit their individual needs is exactly the kind of thing a person who values individual liberty over collective dogma should be on board with.”

15 Likes